Milan Design Week is here! From 17th to 22nd April, the best of the design world come together in the Italian Mecca of design. The biggest publications in design are here to let us know what we can and ‘must’ see. Make sure to make a note of their suggestions.
- Wallpaper* brings us another year of landmarks from Salone del Mobile 2018 with photos, videos, and articles. Of course, it includes the Wallpaper* Handmade space, which is located in Brera and will include a pop-up store.
- Dezeen wasn’t going to miss a date with Milan Design Week, either. Their editor, Alice Morby, selected 15 unmissable installations, including the must-see Nordic design by Norwegian Crafts and “Nendo: forms of movement”.
- Designboom dedicated two posts to its top 30 from Milan Design Week, making it easy for design lovers to choose between the more than 2000 events across Milan.
- Interior Design makes it easy for you, too, with their map showing 25 must-sees at MDW, which includes classics like Ventura, now known as Ventura Future, as well as newcomers such as the debut of Google in Milan with their ‘Softwear’ installation.
- Elle Décor are at home in their Italian edition, dedicating several articles to Milan Design Week, from a complete guide to Fuorisalone 2018 to advice about dressing for Milan Design Week. We love their 5 recommendations from ‘Fuori FuioriSalone‘, the most interesting alternative events outside of the most famous areas, among which is the collective epistolary exhibition #sendmethefuture from Subalternol.
- WOTH Wonderful Things Magazine give an overview of the ‘wonderful design’ which can be found in Milan this week. Naturally, their list of favourites includes ‘Mutant Matter’, the reflection about manmade materials and the future by Dutch Intervals, as well as Envisions, a foray into collective industry with #FINSAbyEnvisions, and work by other Dutch designers like Kiki Van Eijk, Tijs Gilde or Hella Jongerius.